2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/7/2018 9:10:47 PM

Now that it's 2018, let's turn our attention back to football:)

Kidding. Kind of. GC will open the 2018 season against St. Edward High School in Ohio on August 25th. They are 2010, 2014 & 2015 OHSAA Division 1 State Champions. St. Edward went 10-1 last year. 

Is it August yet!??!

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/8/2018 10:44:35 AM
@DCPublic

Very cool game. Very early predictions on St. Ed’s are they will start #1 in Ohio which means a lock in the preseason top 25 nationally. GC will be better in 2018. Should be fun to watch. 

default avatar

1/18/2018 9:26:14 AM
@DCPublic

That’s a good game but HD WOODSON plays them regularly. A public school going after the big games. HD lost the game last year in the fourth quarter however. As a matter of fact Woodson will play them the week after GC. HD WOODSON will also play the WV state champs. The MD state champs declined to play HD. 

default avatar

Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/19/2018 12:54:51 PM
@coaching016

You’re right. HD isn’t afraid to mix it up with top teams outside of the DC state playoffs. Friendship isn‘t either. 

Which MD champ declined to play you guys? 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A? 

1/8/2018 6:28:02 AM

Good to see Stefanelli scheduling big games. 

default avatar

Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/8/2018 8:16:52 PM
@brown

Good game for Good Counsel and the league...SJC is playing six out of town teams including IMG, Hoover (Ala), Christian Brothers Academy (St.Louis) and three others. Who does DeMatha and Gonzaga have this year?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/9/2018 10:21:40 AM
@JoeT716

DeMatha is usually quiet until everything is signed and sealed. Something willl probably come out soon. 

No clue on Gonzaga. I could see them going big for 1 OOS game. 

SJC going to Hoover and CBA(MO). Johns Creek(GA) will be an off game which makes sense. St. Ed’s(OH) and St. Thomas Aquinas(FL) also rumored for a trip to Military Rd. Any idea on who they have coming in at QB? They’re going to need someone very good. 

I think GC’s only OOS game is St. Ed’s(OH). 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/12/2018 8:09:14 AM
@silverbullet

hint,

look at gonzaga to play sullivan (va beach) and don bosco (nj)

as for the Q transfer? ... https://247sports.com/Player/Drew-Pyne-88572

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/12/2018 11:35:04 AM
@friedsoup

Those would be great games for GZ. Both teams will be better in ‘18.

If you guys do go up to Connecticut and get Pyne, he’s going to need to get used to the WCAC. I wouldnt expect a Doyle type performance. He’s used To playing Darien and talking trash about whose father is a better IBguy on Wall Street. Big difference when you’ve got guys like GZ’s Wete coming at you in the WCAC. I also Would be skeptical of the child prodigy stuff. He does look very legit on tape and in camps though. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/14/2018 10:15:04 AM
@silverbullet

How long did it take the QZ freshman QB to get used to WCAC play? What one summer? This kids offer list is very impressive. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/16/2018 6:00:16 AM
@tomslick88

I don’t really understand the point you’re trying to make. The GZ QB played great, but for a freshman. He’s still getting used to high school football. If he was the QB for SJC, they may not of finished over .500 this past season. Doyle was the biggest reason for SJC’s success in ‘17. I‘m sticking by what I said, it‘s going take a while before Pyne can run SJC’s offense like Doyle. There will be a learning curve. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/17/2018 7:00:59 AM
@silverbullet

I think you got it because "the GZ QB played great" are your words! Everyone on here thought so too! This isnt unfamilar territory for SJC and the staff either. They have a pretty good QB coach to aid in the process of getting him up to speed along with passing leagues and an entire summer. Its only HS football SB not that complicated. Or not as complicated as you think it is. If this kid comes in he will be their highest rated QB that theyve brought into their program thus far and the others did a really great job. They havent lost a lot of seniors so it should be another run at the title. The only thing that I think will slow them down is injuries. Other than that they are sitting in a good place with a bunch of confidence right now.

He reminds me of Martell Tate

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/18/2018 6:10:30 AM
@tomslick88

I think you guys are speculating about something that's not going to happen. This was rumored last year but nothing came of it. But if by some chance Pyne ends up at SJC the rest of the league will be playing for second place. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/19/2018 6:26:50 AM
@JoeT716

I agree! 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/19/2018 12:51:11 PM
@JoeT716

Not really. I’m just saying there will be a learning curve. The whole “playing for second place“ bit is a complete joke. You just are not allowed to say that after 1 championship in 25(?) years.

Taking in a transfer QB is always a gamble. Kasim Hill couldn’t get SJC over the hump. Doyle did. Both were 4* QB senior transfers. Hill arguably had more talent around him than Doyle, no? That ‘16 SJC team lost 3 WCAC games. My only point is you’re not going to get a Doyle situation every year when you play the transfer game, especially when the kid is from a low level league off the Gold Coast of Connecticut. 

I will say Pyne’s game tape looks great. So did David Sills and he was playing in junior college two seasons ago. Both were 8th grade prodigies with a long list of offers. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/19/2018 5:54:53 PM
@silverbullet

We both know that SJC should be on a two year championship run...they gave that second game to DeMatha more than DeMatha winning it. It was as big a fluke/choke as anyone could imagine and not the fault of the quarterback (who had led them to what should have been an insurmountable 4th quarter lead)...a fumble, a special team blunder and a defensive collapse (and DeMatha's ability to take advantage of them) let the Stags escape with the win. Most people left Byrd saying the better team that day didn't win...in fact after the flea-flicker on the first play gave DeMatha a 7-0 lead they were dominated for the next 3 quarters until the roof caved in on SJC the last seven minutes. It took several huge mistakes for the Cadets to blow it and they did...or it would be back-to-back titles.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/19/2018 9:27:18 PM
@JoeT716

Three WCAC losses in 2017, two to DeMatha, but you guys gifted the championship away. No way you’re a SJC guy. I see what you’re doing here. Bravo, Good Sir, Bravo...

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2018 HS Football Schedules.....

1/19/2018 9:27:41 PM
@silverbullet

2016*

You must login to report abuse. Close